A BMI calculator is a tool that enables you to find out your body mass index (BMI). For example, if you find yourself wondering whether you should lose weight or gain muscle. Or perhaps you’re unsure as to whether it’s time for a checkup with your doctor about your health. In general terms, if you have a high BMI, then it indicates that you have extra fat in your body, and if you have a low BMI, then it means low body fatness.
What is BMI?
A Body Mass Index, commonly known as the BMI, is a simple way of estimating one’s body fat based on height and weight. The scale starts at underweight which ranges from 18.5 and ends with obese, which is over 30.
A healthy weight range for adult males would be between 18.5 and 25, while females would fall between 17.3 and 22.9 (with the latter being the upper limit). In this article, we will discuss everything about what a BMI really represents, how to calculate it, its disadvantages and advantages, as well as how to interpret your results once they come in from the calculator.
How to calculate your BMI with a BMI Calculator?
A BMI calculator can be used to find out the body mass index of a person based on their height and weight. Simply input your personal data within the tool, and you will get your result.
Advantages of the BMI Calculator
- A very useful tool for health professionals and medical professionals to understand the body fat percentage of their patients.
- It can be used as a tool to determine how much exercise is required for your body. If you have a high BMI, then the chances are that you are overweight, and you should be trying to lose some weight.
- It is a quick and easy way to determine if your diet is sufficient or not. If you want to know whether you should be eating more fruits, vegetables, or meat, then simply input your information and get your result back.
- It is also a very useful tool to understand if you have excess weight around your middle area. If you are overweight, then it is likely that there is extra fat around your hips and waist.
How to Interpret your Body Mass Index Results?
- If your BMI is under 18.5, then it means that you have a very high chance of being underweight. You should be eating more fruits and vegetables, and you should try to increase the amount of protein in your diet.
- If your BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9, then it means that you are in the healthy range.
- If your BMI is between 25 and 29.9, then it means you’re in the overweight range. You should be eating healthy, and you should be exercising regularly.
- If your BMI is over 30, then it means that you have a very high chance of being obese.
A body mass index or BMI calculator is a quick and simple way to determine your body fat percentage. You can use the tool to find out your health risk. A high BMI shows that there is excess fat in the body, and you should be trying to lose some weight. On the other hand, a low BMI shows that you are underweight, and you should be eating more food. Thus, before making any changes to your diet or exercise routine, make sure you take into consideration your BMI, but also consult your doctor for advice.